Multipurpose farm robot / weeding
Bosch Deepfield Robotics
BoniRob is a multi-purpose robotic platform for applications in agriculture. Its four independently steerable drive wheels and the ability to adjust its trackwidth make BoniRob highly maneuverable.
BoniRob can be run purely on batteries or connected to a generator to extend its range and usage time.
BoniRob can be retrofitted and upgraded with exchangeable application modules (tools).
BoniRob can navigate autonomously along plant rows (e.g. dams) in the field, carrying the application module (tool) as it goes.
Environmental sensors (e.g. Lidar), inertial sensors, wheel odometry and (optionally) GPS are mounted for row detection and navigation.
Functions that make BoniRob versatile and easy to use:
- Powerful simulation and development environment
- Software libraries with intelligent mobility functions
- Interfaces for extending and adapting the machine
- Data logging and management capabilities
To develop suitable functional modules, the applied research requires multi-functional platforms with the following capabilities:
- High maneuverability and adaptability
- Suitability for use in harsh environmental conditions
- Equipped with basic functions (e.g. intelligent mobility functions, navigation functions)
- Interfaces for extensions and easy programmability