In the hatching system with trays, the fertilised eggs (obtained from the selected broodstock) will be placed and hatched. Each floating egg tray, one in each tank, should be stocked with about 100 grams of fertilised eggs (depending on the species). This will result in a total stocking density of 400 eggs per cycle. The fertilised eggs are then evenly spread over the sieves of the floating egg trays. The trays are removed when the eggs are hatched. The larvae will fall through the mesh of the egg trays while the non-hatched eggs will stay behind. Treating the eggs with chemicals is NOT needed, refraining to do so will result in healthier fry. This hatching system using RAS technology.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE SYSTEM
- 4x polypropylene fish tanks with 1 outlet in the bottom. Complete with two types of outflow sieves (large and small)
- Sedimentation filter tank (mechanical filtration) allows for removing all the solid particles from the system water flow.
- Pump tank in which pump, freshwater supply and overflow pipe are installed.
- Frame (out of SS304) with adjustable stands for easy system installation.
- Connection for freshwater supply (1x floating valve (automatic filling), 1x ball valve (manual filling))
- 1x Messner pump (70 W – 240 V) (made in Germany)
- 1x 40-watt VGE UV-C unit with SS304 housing (made in The Netherlands)
- 1x Air pump (50 W – 240 V) including supply line and air diffusers
- 4x floating egg trays
Possible fresh water fish species:
- Heterobranchus longifilis
- Clarias batrachus
- Clarias gariepinus
- Pangasius hypophthalmus
- Cyprinus carpio
- Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
- Hypophthalmichthys nobilis
- Labeo catla
- Carassius auratus