The DC2 and DC3 are the improved version of the DC1. The tension is not applied in a tangential, but in the radial direction. The pressure of the wire cable to the tree is independent of tree size. The data of different tree sizes are comparable.
The sensor is mounted on a wire cable with very low thermal expansion coefficient at tree. The slide rings reduce the friction between the wire cable and the tree bark. They also decrease the pressure on the tree.
The DC2 and DC3 differs only in its range. DC3 has a larger range. For fast-growing trees, the DC3 is more appropriate.
Please note the essential difference between the various circumference dendrometers.
- Suitable for all tree sizes (> 5 cm)
- Pressure of the wire cable to the tree independent of tree size
- Automatic adjustment of the tension, sensitive measurements even with very large trees
- No injury to plants
- Stability against wind, snow, falling small branches and small fruits
- Easy installation
- Easy adjustment by the integrated turnbuckle