Technology leadership - The iFL is a field portable integrated chlorophyll fluorometer - photosynthesis system
The iFL is the first instrument of its kind to provide leaf absorptance measurement, first to offer white LED lighting that allows chloroplast migration to occur, first to offer humidity control above ambient, first to offer "walk-away automation", first to offer automated post-processing for the Laisk protocol, the Kok protocol, the Yin protocol and the Flexas chamber leakage protocol.
- Leaf absorptance and leaf transmittance are measured
- Non-contact IR sensor for leaf temperature measurement prevents leaf doming that causes measuring errors
- FM' correction option included, according to Loriaux 2013
- Automated instrument zero calibration occurs as programmed
- Stable light intensity - monitored and controlled for more reliable measurements
- Measures CO2 to +/-1 μmol or +/- 1 ppm
- Measures H2O to +/- 1 mmol
- Fully programmable environmental chamber control
- Miniaturized analyzer in chamber head for more reliable measurement
- Battery charge life - at least 8 hours
- Advanced data capture and output capabilities with USB port and removable SD data card.
- Automated post-processing and calculation of Rd, Γ*, gm, CC, VCMAX, JMAX & AMAX
- Up to date lake and puddle model quenching protocols
- Full environmental control
- Diurnal measuring capability with external PAR sensor to allow the chamber to match ambient values.
- Chamber temperature may be raised or lowered by 14oC above or below ambient.
- Measures and corrects for atmospheric pressure.
- Graphic touch screen color display
- Option for automated modulated light intensity set up