rubber-tired forestry harvester / with crane / slope
with crane, slope
125 kW (170 hp)
Rottne H8 - an updated classic for for stand-operating thinning!
ROTTNE H8D is a thinning harvester with unique characteristics. The two-part chassis with an articulated joint in the centre produces precise tracking. When combined with its levelling capabilities, the variable transmission with automatic anti-spin makes H8 extremely flexible and easy to drive, which creates the conditions for an undamaged stand.
Designed for stand-operating thinning
Rottne H8D is an ideal harvester for stand-operating thinning and with various working route system options it can handle strip road distances without manual intermediate zone felling.
Since the machine works inside the stand, it is easier for the operator to decide which trees need to be thinned, this is because it is never more than 6–7 metres to the trees. The risk of damage to standing forest is also reduced considerably than if thinning were to be performed from a strip road 10–12 metres away.
IMPROVEMENTS & NEWS
Rottne H8D is the same responsive machine as its predecessor, but with numerous improvements and new features:
• Variable transmission with anti-spin
• Lower noise level
• Improved hose routing
• New oil cooling
• New hose routing and new cylinders on Rottne EGS406
• Stage V engine with reversible fan
• Electrically operated cab-tilt and engine hood
• Larger fuel tank (one tank instead of two as on H8B)
• Reinforced crane with new hose routing
• Large water tank for the stump spray application