Weed Control Starts at Harvest!
Redekop offers a new Seed Control Unit (SCU), available in North America through Redekop Manufacturing.
The Seed Control Unit's (SCU) unique design provides John Deere combines with a flexible and cost-efficient solution to destroy >98% of the harvestable weeds in a single pass operation. Fully integrated into the John Deere residue, drive and display system, its optimized design is easy and safe to use, with low power requirements and running costs, and excellent residue distribution over the whole cutting width.
The SCU is available with the Redekop MAV straw chopper or can be integrated into the John Deere Factory straw chopper.
- Combines the SCU chaff stream with the MAV straw stream
- SCU air velocity improves residue spread and distribution
- Reducing dust and debris
- Improved agronomics
- Moves on John Deere S series straw chopper slide rails
- Enables easy access to the combine’s chaffer and rear internals
Proprietary Mill Design
- Reversible mills for extended life
- Efficient power utilization
- Long life, high wear materials
- >98% kill rates (based on third party independent testing)
Simple Mechanical Drive
- Simple and robust belt drive system
- Factory drive system not compromised
- Easy to engage and disengage; equipped with a splined-drive sheave; no need to remove
belts or add parts to disengage
- Easily switches modes from Straw Chopper to Straw Chopper/Seed Control
- Standard factory ISOBUS display option or standalone screen
- Alarms for all critical SCU functions
- Tailboard controls to manage residue spread