A breakthrough in residue management
The MAV Straw Chopper system finely cuts and spreads crop residue across the width of the cutterbar. With unmatched cutting and spreading, the MAV is quite possibly the only tool you’ll need to prepare your land for seeding.
- Improve seeding performance with a consistent, fine cut
- Reduce the risk of hair-pinning, toxic chaff and other issues
- Spread residue further and more evenly
- Get the perfect spread to fit your header size
- A sharper cut uses less power, so you can cover more acres more quickly
- Skip vertical tillage and heavy harrowing to finish your field faster
- Tightly spaced, high quality carbide-coated blades
- Straight sharpened reversible blades finely cut straw into uniform sizes
- A new rotating knife bank can help to reduce blade damage from rocks and foreign objects
passing through the chopper
- Paddle blades increase chopper air flow, spread width and uniformity in wide body
- Fan blades create air speeds in excess of 160 mph
- Unique tailboard design spreads residue up to 45 feet
Uniform Spreading From 20 to 45 feet
The airflow-generating zone uses Redekop’s patented fan blades tucked away outside of the cutting zone. Specially designed shrouds build up air speed around the six fan blades at either end of the rotor.
The MAV generates extra-high velocity air speeds up to 160 mph to blow the finely cut straw and chaff uniformly across the cutterbar width for unmatched spreading performance.